Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blog Created & Intro of my Career. 2/11/09

Designing has always been some dream of mine, but it's up to me and destiny to fulfill it.


Hello, my name is Cameron Johnson and I have created this blog to share with friends, bypassers, corporates and many others. I am age 15, currently in high school and taking classes which I hope will improve my chances of becoming a Game Designer. I have very good writing skills and I learn everyday with roleplaying, fan-fictions, and reading others ideas and stories to see where I stand as of today. If I do not become enrolled in my career or lose interest in it, I still have my options to become a writer, author, or journalist. I play basketball when I'm bored, or thinking of ideas and I own a Wii and Nintendo DS for gaming.

Here's a pic of my Nintendo Ds Lite at the moment:



and my Nintendo Wii:



My favorite genres are RPG, Shooting, and Action/Adventure. I am currently working on a career speech to present to my Speech class in the near future.

Ever since I have started working on this speech on my career I've been trying to maximize everything I'm good at one inch at a time, like opening myself up to people I usually wouldn't talk to or trying to be more active on class discussions. On this exam I took today about the book called Night by Elie Wiesel, there were 3 essay questions I had to write about. I went all-out on them, writing about a half of a page each on two questions, and an entire page on the last one even though I didn't have to. The last question was about what the title of the book meant, and how it was connected to the Holocaust (Yes this book is about the Holocaust and how Elie survived through all the horror, pain, and suffering if you didn't know).

If you wanted to know, I'm writing a speech on Game Design. Yes, I understand what game designers do, what it takes to become one, and I'm not just trying to be some fanboy that decided one day to just make my own game to only have it be a pipe dream. What I do not know about design, I find out while researching on my subject. I went around on the internet and listened to real Game designers and their take on the whole "What do game designers do?" topic. The career speech isn't due yet, but I'm not going to slack off on it because that will be bad for my record. Even if I decide not to enter Game Design, I will hopefully be a writer, an author, or a journalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment